Cook / Commis/ Chef De Partie
- Bayfront - CE1|DT16
- Part Time, Full Time
- 5 Day Week
• To set up station according to kitchen guidelines.
• Prepares all food items as directed by CDP on section.
• Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Chef.
• Restocks all items as needed throughout service.
• Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
• Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
• Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
• Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or CDP.
He/she is also responsible for helping to maintain the standards of:
• Food Quality/Presentation/Taste.
• Equipment & Crockery Storage.
• Kitchen Hygiene/Pest Control.
• Food Wastage Being Kept to a Minimum.
• Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
• Basic understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
• You must have at least one (1) year experience in a fine dining restaurant.
• You should be WSQ trained and be able to work in a team.
• You are patient, self-motivated, organized and work effectively under pressure.
• Naturally, you are committed to providing quality produce.
• You must be able to read, understand and follow basic cooking directions.
About the Employer