Assistant Section Head/ Section Head (Pastry)
- Eunos - EW7
- Full Time
- 6 Day Week
FROM $ 2700
The Assistant Section Head assists in the day-to-day operations of a bakery or pastry kitchen. This includes collaborating with the Section Head/ Assistant Production Head on daily tasks and schedules and overseeing other kitchen staff in the absence of the Section Head.
He/ She will also assess inventory and supplies, maintain safe and sanitary working conditions, help develop recipes and menus, and/or suggest alternative cooking methods.
• Bake artisan and decorative bread/ cakes.
• Produces a wide range of bread, pastries, and other baked items.
• Review and construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings.
• Keep up to date with the current promotions and new items on the menu.
• Supervise the baking team in preparing baked items and adopting new baking techniques to add variety to the menu.
• Guide and train employees on the use of the baking equipment and coordinate the provision of appropriate training where needed.
• Maximize the productivity of the kitchen staff.
• Ensure that procedures for suppliers, equipment, and work areas are in compliance to the established standards.
• Ensure correctness of food quantities, keeping food wastage to a minimum.
• Ensure production targets of the assigned sections are met and food products meet required production standards.
• Report and escalate repairs or preventive maintenance to equipment suppliers and vendors.
• Monitor the set-up of work stations for cleanliness and safety compliance with local regulations and company requirements
• Min. Professional Certificate in Culinary Arts or any related fields
• Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in the management of Kitchen Team, Food Cost, and Food Quality control.
- Performance Incentive Bonus
- Birthday voucher
- Staff discount
- Annual / Medical benefits provided
- Uniform provided
About the Employer