Education Specialist (ArtScience Museum)
- Bayfront - DT16|CE1
- Full Time
FROM $ 2100 / month
1. Support the museum with daily operations including welcoming school and corporate groups and public visitors.
2. Perform shift responsibilities, including weekends and public holidays and is accountable to the Assistant Manager/Manager for the smooth running of the day-to-day shift operations.
3. Work closely with the Programmes Team on delivering educational offers such as tours, workshops, online programmes and events to schools and the general public.
4. Provide excellent customer service to school groups and public visitors at all times.
5. Be fully knowledgeable on all Standard Operating Procedures & all exhibitions relevant to the Museum.
6. Liaise with the Assistant Manager/Manager on daily and weekly roster patterns. (Weekends & Public Holidays will be included)
7. Assist with administrative processes, but not limited to updating websites, attending to enquiries.
8. Take stock of all inventory needed to run and execute our educational programmes.
Education & Certification
• Minimum Diploma in Tourism/Hospitality/Arts Management/Art Education preferred or equivalent.
• Or a Certificate in Tourism/Hospitality/Arts Management/Art Education from a recognized institution.
• Keen to work in the museum, arts and culture industry, with a passion for learning and communicating the arts and sciences.
• Motivated and high energy, able to appreciate a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Enjoy working with children and people of all ages.
• Excellent guest relations and communication skills.
• Experience of presenting information to individuals or groups in a public/educational context.
• Prior working experience in hospitality and tourism, education or arts and culture industry.
• Bilingual in English and a second language (ideally Mandarin Chinese to conduct mandarin tours for Chinese-speaking guests).
About the Employer