Course LevelMid Career
Course Duration>6 Days
FundingCareer Transition Programme
(SCTP) Up-Skill in Security Operations is a 3-month programme designed to help mid-career Singaporeans, Permanent Residents (PRs) and Long Term Visitor Pass Plus (LTVP+) holders, employed as well as unemployed, to upskill and reskill themselves with industry relevant skills and knowledge so as to make career switches. The programme consists of the modules in the “WSQ Certificate in Security” which are carefully curated to equip the participants with the basic essential skills.
Classes will be conducted in the evening from 6pm – 10pm.
Graduates from the course can look forward to career opportunities in the roles of:
- Security Officers
- Security Personnel
Interested applicants can refer to the below link for more information:
Applicants will need to have a pass in English at Secondary 2 or have attained WPLN level 3. Shortlisted applicants may have to go through an interview and/or entrance test. Temasek Polytechnic reserves the right to shortlist and admit applicants. Applicants who have already completed any module(s) will be considered on a case by case basis.
Applicants need to be at a minimum 21 years of age. Applicants must be self-sponsored.
1. Guard and Patrol (Provide Guard and Patrol Services)
2. Incident Response (Handle Security Incidents and Services)
3. Threat Observation (Recognise Terrorist Threats)
4. Deterrence (Perform Security Duties at Protected Areas and Protected Places)
5. Deterrence (Manage Disorderly Conduct & Threatening Behavior)
6. Access Control Management (Operate Basic Security Equipment)
7. Security Screening Management (Conduct Security Screening of Persons & Bag)
8. Security Screening Management (Conduct Security Screening and Search of Vehicles)
9. Crowd and Traffic Control Management (Conduct Crowd and Traffic Control)
Full Course Fee $4,350.00(Before GST) $4,654.50(After GST)
Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and (LTVP+) holders $1,305.00(Before GST) $1,396.35(After GST)
Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above $435.00(Before GST) $526.35(After GST)
Singapore Citizens who are Needy Individuals $217.50(Before GST) $308.85(After GST)